Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Gift Bag Box Tutorial

Handmade (Upcycled) Gift Bag Box

It bugs me sometimes the way so many things get thrown away.  I made this cute little gift package out of a cereal box.  This could be made and used for any gift giving occasion baby, birthday, etc.


An empty cereal box


I chose to use some wall paper.  You could use wrapping paper, wallpaper etc.
If using two designs choose a nice combo.


Cut off flaps from box and trim box down to desired size.


Measure box for size and cut paper to size.  I used a paper trimmer as well as the scissors.


Glue paper to box. I used tacky glue.


Punch holes in box and feed ribbon ends through.


I added some extra frills by punching some fan boarders.


Line the boarders along the top and paste them in.


I stamped the tissue paper with a swirl stamp in light pink ink.



The finished product side 1


side 2
I added a punched gift tag and a punched butterfly.

The best thing is it cost me NO out of pocket money because I had everything on hand.  It did take a little time but it was a fun project to do with my children and we were being frugal and recycling things we had.


This craft may be linked with some of these Linky Parties

11 comments:

Crafts a la Mode said...

this is really wonderful! So beautiful, too. Wow. I would be proud to give a gift in such a box. I have to grab the boxes before my husband throws them out!

Kim, USA said...

Oh my gush this is very beautiful!! Now I will save cereal boxes and other smaller box too. Thanks for sharing you are very creative. Happy Wednesday!
Rednesday

craftyles said...

I can't believe that was a cereal box. Way to recycle! Really cute.

Sally Annie Magundy said...

Thanks so much for your tutorial! That's wonderful repurposing and also great to know about for when we a bag and don't have one.

Happy Rednesday,
Sally

Jami said...

Great tutorial! Hope you'll stop by the Pretty Packages Party and share!
http://blackberryvine.blogspot.com/2011/01/pretty-packages-party-5.html

smiles!
Jami

Ashlee Marie said...

what a fun idea, making your own gift bag! Thanks for linking up to Topsy Turvy Tuesdays!

deb said...

Amazing!! Gottas save those cereal boxes now
*hugs*deb

Elsie said...

I love the paper that you used for this bag, so soft and feminine. A lovely way to recycle cereal boxes. Thanks for sharing this idea.

At The Picket Fence said...

What an adorable creative ingenious idea! I don't think I've ever seen this done. Thank you so much for linking up last week to Inspiration Friday At The Picket Fence!

Hope you'll join us again!

Heather@ At The Picket Fence

By the Bluegrass said...

How cute and creative is this! And, so great that you reused materials, rather than buying new. Doing your part to save the environment...I love that!
xo,
Sena

Swiss Affordable Hotels said...

i think you have done a great job, this is such a fabulous thing to do at home as we have loads and loads of empty boxes that we throw out each week, i would be trying this gift box out soon and wil let you know how it looked!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...