Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Little Homemaker project Baby Wipes, Wash cloths, wipe up cloths etc.



Baby Wipes, Washcloths, Wipe up cloths etc.

Flannel works so nice for these cloths

Choose some cute fabric of your choice 
My cloths were about 9 inch by 10 inch finished.
You will want to cut them slightly more so you can have some for the seams.

 
Fold the fabric in half putting the right sides together.
On the wrong side of the fabric sew the open seams together.
Leave a small open place so you can turn the fabric around.


Turn fabric around through open slot.


Cut the corner straight being careful not to cut past the stitches.
This will help the corners to lay flatter.


Carefully poke the corners so they get straightened out.


After you have it all laying nice and flat top stitch it all around the outside.


All done.


These make a great gift for a baby.
They can be used for baby wipes or wash cloths.
Cloth diapering mothers will appreciate a gift like this.
We use them as wipe up cloths around the house as well.
It makes cleaning fun for little homemakers.
Do you have a little girl you are molding into a little homemaker?
Let your little homemaker pick out some fun fabric that she likes, they can be her special cleaning or dusting cloths.


I Joyfully Recommend

19 comments:

Stefanie Brown said...

Good Afternoon!
I found you through Supermom: Friend Finding Friday. I'm your newest follower through Google Friend Connect. I'll look forward to getting better acquainted.

Valerie said...

These are great, I have some baby shower gifts I need to make... thinkin' I will have to try these! :) check out the onesie I "made" for my new nephew: http://valfrazier.blogspot.com/2011/04/onesie-pocket-tee-appliqued.html

Valerie said...

These are great, I have some baby shower gifts I need to make... thinkin' I will have to try these! :) check out the onesie I "made" for my new nephew: http://valfrazier.blogspot.com/2011/04/onesie-pocket-tee-appliqued.html

Mrs. Stam said...

wow good job, they look adorable!

Kristin said...

Just dropped by from Works for Me Wednesday. This would be a great project idea as I teach my girls to sew. Thanks!

Katherine said...

Such a great idea and so cute too! Now following you and thanks for linking up this week!

The Red Brick Farmhouse said...

These are so cute. Great job!

Blessings~
Laura

Tammy @ Type A said...

very cute! thanks for sharing this at my party!

Kindra-At Home With K said...

I have a new cousin coming next month. This would be a wonderful gift. Thanks so much for linking up to Terrific Under Ten!

By the Bluegrass said...

Aww, these are sweet sweet and look so soft! Such a lovely gift.
xo,
Sena

Decor To Adore said...

I absolutely adore this project! I am hosting a Springtime Craft and Project linky party today and I would love it if you would particpate.

There is a giveaway involved. :)

Angie @ www.ourjoyfulliving.com said...

Thanks everyone for all your compliments. I really enjoy making things like this. My daughter 5 enjoys it already as well =)

asliceofsmithlife said...

These are adorable and too cute! What a heartfelt and beautiful gift. I would hate clean messes up with them, but it's a great idea :) I envy moms who can sew since that is not my gift or it's not something I have tried or make time for :( Thanks for sharing this post on NOBH! :)

Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage said...

You used such sweet fabrics on these cloths, Angie. And you're right, it would be fun for little ladies to use them as they "learn to keep house." ;)

Thanks for linking to the party. Hope to see you next week.

Have a blessed weekend!
Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
http:/thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

These are darling and such sweet idea for little gifts! Thanks for sharing at FNF! :)

Unknown said...

Hi! I found you through My Romantic Home's weekend party. Just wanted to say Hey from another homeschooling mom who totally loves Vision Forum and the Passionate Housewives book too! Have a great night!

Sarah

Angie @ www.ourjoyfulliving.com said...

Thank you Sarah for saying Hi and for stopping my my blog. I love Vision Forum. When a new catalog comes it's like a cat fight in my house to see who gets it first. We pour over it for days and weeks. Our ctalogs get so junky looking.

Rebecca @ My Girlish Whims said...

aw this turned out adorable. i'm sure any mom would love it :)

Thanks for linking up to Your Whims Wednesday! Hope to see ya again this week :)

styledecor1@gmail.com said...

Lovely blog! Beautiful music too!

I'm your newest follower from the blog hop!
Hope you can hop by and visit me:
I have a craft book giveaway you might like:
http://stylendecordeals.blogspot.com/2011/04/hoppy-easter-eggstravaganza-giveaway.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...