Monday, October 25, 2010

Finding the Will of God

My Will or Thy Will?

Sometimes I think we as Christians can struggle to know what the will of God is in our lives.

This has been a message series that has inspired me to know Christ more.

This last Sunday evening was the last of the 4 part series.    

Here are some things that really stood out to me:

And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.  Luke 9:23

deny:  reject, refuse

If you fully surrender to His will, He will take you places unimaginable.

God does not exist for us we exist for Him. 

We exist to fulfill His wishes not He our wishes.

For our desires to be fulfilled I must lose myself in Him.
Delight thyself also in the LORD: and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.
Psalms 37:4  (this is not to be interpreted with just waning our own way.)

The Summary:

You cannot know the will of God for your, life before you get to know the God of the will for your life.

A song I sang since I was a little girl:
He's still working on me
to make me what I ought to be

 I know He is not done working on me. He still has a lot of work to do.
 I want to know God more intimately draw closer to Him.
I want His way in my life not my way.

Do you struggle with God's will in your life?  Let me know your thoughts.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...