Sunday, December 5, 2010

Peace of the Savior in our Hearts and Home


Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.
Luke 2:14

I looked up the word Peace in the Bible and in the KJV version there were 420 results.

As I am sitting here thinking about My Lord and how He came to earth as a tiny Baby and how peaceful a Baby looks when they are sleeping.  I want this Christmas season to be a one of Peace in my heart and home. 
We do not get all caught up in worldly activities and affairs of the Season.  However, even thought we don't do those things there can be such a sense of chaos in our home this time of year, family parties to go to, Christmas Caroling, Christmas Plays etc etc etc.  I am not saying that any of these things are wrong and some of them I myself enjoy very much.  However, I do not want the chaos even of the "GOOD" things to take the place of the Savior to us this Christmas Season.
I know the Mother usually sets the "tone" in the home.  I am waiting my "tone" this Christmas Season to reflect the Savior and the true reason for the Season.  I want it to be ALL about Him and NONE about me.
I want my heart and home to be one of Peace.  I want to show the Peace of My Savior to others especially my Family this Christmas Season.

Would you like to share in this with me.  Having the Peace of the Savior in your Heart and Home this Christmas Season.


1 comment:

Susan Evans said...

Yes, I would also like peace this Christmas, a quiet yielding of my spirit to God. I would like to live more in the moment, to be calm and not so rushed. I'm so tired of multi-tasking; I think I drop more balls than I juggle. Yes, I pray for peace in my home this Christmas, starting in my heart. Your post reminded me to align my heart to God, for therein lies the key to peace. (I think I've just written a poem! LOL!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...