Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Embracing the Journey an interview with Plain Pam








I just want to remind you that this is a series of interviews with some of my blogging friends.
These interviews may or may not reflect my personal beliefs.
The purpose for these interviews are for us to be encouraged as wife's and Mothers and embrace this Journey we are on.
Our ultimate goal is to Life tor God's Glory.

So now let me introduce you to Plain Pam
Plain Pam
An Intro To The Life Of Plain Pam...

Hi, I'm known in "blog world" as Plain Pam. Being rather quiet and shy I decided to choose a name that described me best. The word "plain" does that. The first question people tend to ask me is if I'm Amish or Mennonite, I prefer to avoid answering the inquiries into my spiritual walk saying only that I am a born again child of God. So who am I? First as I just stated I am a Christian. I accepted Jesus Christ as my Savior 40 years ago at the age of 20. Next I am helpmeet to my husband of 43 years. He is the love of my life, and my hero. We met in high school when I was 15. It was love at first sight. He pastors a church and I love helping him in the ministry. Next I am blessed to be mother to 3 wonderful sons, mother-in-law to 3 lovely girls, and Mammaw to 10 precious and perfect grandchildren. I love people and consider myself blessed by God to have so many friends. I love animals and spoil our dog rotten. Pets are such a gift of companionship and always love us and accept us no matter how rough our day may be! I love homemaking, gardening, knitting, crocheting, and sewing. I love writing which is why I love to blog. I was raised plain, we lived in the country on my grandparents farm. After getting married, my husband joined the military, rather than be drafted. We've lived all over the world. Now retired we both enjoy living the simple life. We have a car, live near a large city, enjoy most modern conveniences and yet still find that we can enjoy the "plain ways". I dress plain, act plain, and think plain.I am blessed beyond measure. That just about says everything about me. Plain, and simple.
 
 
What is your favorite Scripture and why?
I have so many that it is really hard to choose just one. My “life's verse” that I've chosen is Romans 12:1-2...”I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.” I have chosen this verse to remind me of the importance of living for the Lord.

Who or where do you look to for inspiration and encouragement when you feel downcast?

Always the Bible. All the answers for all of life's questions are there. I really don't read any “man made” books as I think they are just man's opinion. I go directly to my Heavenly Father when I need guidance. It also helps that I am in church and sitting under the preaching of God's Word 3 times a week. It is my experience that I generally glean from the sermons what God would have me to learn. I am also a firm believer in personal daily devotions and prayer time.

How do you find time in your busy lifestyle to spend time with the Lord, and when have you found is the best time that works for you?

It is essential for a happy Christian walk to spend time daily in the Bible. Every morning I read 5 Psalms and 1 Proverb. Then I read my scheduled reading to read my bible through each year. If time allows I read a portion that I want to add. For me the best time is early in the day when the house is still and quiet. But anytime is a good time to spend time with the Lord. Whatever works for the individual is best. If you have children at home you should have family devotions each evening after dinner or before bedtime.

How do you pursue a deep personal relationship with the Lord? What have you found are essentials in your Christian life?

Reading my Bible, being prayerful, and serving others as Christ would have me do.

How would you encourage a Sister in the Lord to be encouraged in the Lord, and to pursue a more intimate relationship with Him?
Pray with her and pray for her.

Did you have a mother or a Titus 2 woman in your life as you were growing up or have someone that you looked up to and wanted to model your life after?
My mother and grandmother.

What would you say were some of the most valuable things you learned as a child that still have an impact on your life today?
To be mindful of my every word, thought, and deed, and to love the Lord with all my heart, mind, and soul.

What do you think are some of the most important things that you can pass on to your daughter or have passed on to your daughter?

My faith, my joy in the Lord, and my love of others.

What specific things as well as character qualities would you encourage other women, either older or younger, to teach and pass on to other woman and girls that are lacking in this day?

Cease from worldliness, live plainly and simply, be separated. 2 Cor.14...”Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? 15And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel? 16And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. 17Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you. 18And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.”

Can you share any resources books, movies, webstes etc. that have been a help and encouragement to you in striving to be the Woman God created you to be as you live for His Glory?

The greatest resource is the Bible. I mean the old King James Version too as it is translated from the textus receptus and is the best translation for the english speaking people. I don't watch movies, nothing good ever came out of Hollywood! As I said before I don't read “man made” books, it is God's opinion that matters, not what man thinks. As for websites...most Christians spend far too much time on their computers. If folks invested as much time and effort into studying God's word as their do “seeking out” from others they would grow amazingly in the Lord. God's word says in James 1:5-8...”If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed. For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord. A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.”

You can find Plain Pam at her Blog  http://plainpamsblog.blogspot.com/

I hope you enjoyed tis interview and were encouraged to Embrace your own Journey and Live your Life for the Glory of God.

I would love to hear your thoughts!

Just wait until you see who is coming up next I can hardly wait to introduce her to you.

5 comments:

kathy J said...

I loved this interview with plain Pam! (I so admire her already!) A very inteligent lady is plain Pam! Please bring us more interviews like this!

Simply Shelley said...

Thank you for posting...I now know more of someone I already admired :)
Blessings,Shelley

Anonymous said...

I loved this interview with plain Pam! I admire this lady more than words can say............bring us more interviews like this! (oh, it's my opinion that she is anything but plain!)

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Pam is such a sweet lady isn't she? I treasure her as a friend. What a lovely blog you have here.

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

She sounds like a wonderful Titus two woman. I wish there were more of them around here. Very sweet and good job on the interview. Those were great questions!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...