Friday, April 8, 2011

Abba Father

Abba Father is the name that Jesus referred to God while in the Garden of Gethsemane.
And he said, Abba, Father, all things are possible unto thee; take away this cup from me: nevertheless not what I will, but what thou wilt.
Mark 14:36


In English this would be referred to as Papa

Jesus own people the Jews generally avoided referring to God with affectionate terms.
They mostly only spoke of God in Hushed Reverent terms and not as a part of the family.

Jesus knew God more closely than anyone and He referred to God as Father.
Abba Father.

As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father
John 10:15 a

Through Jesus' death on the cross He made it possible for us to know God as a Loving and Forgiving Heavenly Father.

And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

Galatians 4:6

I feel so honored that I can go to God as He is my Father my Abba Father.

Like a small child would run to his daddy when he needed help.

I can run to God when I need help, comfort, encouragement, etc.

He is my Heavenly Father my Abba Father


I have been working with my children on learning the names of God. 
This has been great or me as well I am learning a lot about God and what His names mean.
My desire is to not jst know God but to know who He is REALLY KNOW HIM.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi there! Following you from the Friday blog hop! Love your site!

http://productjunkiemama.blogspot.com

Plainlady's Ponderings said...

We have been learning verses for our memory work that all mention a different name of Jesus. It is a very enlightening experience.

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh Angie,
What a beautiful post and amazing song! And guess what? One of my favorite movies is Fireproof too--it is SO good!!!
XO

Cindy Adkins said...

P.S. I'm your newest follower!

Life In The Thrifty Lane said...

Hi Angie, thank you for stopping by today, I'm your newest follower too. Have a great weekend,
Veronica

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...