Monday, January 16, 2012

Words




“Be careful for the words you say;
Keep them soft and sweet.
You never know from day to day,
Which ones you’ll have to eat!”
~Author Unknown

Our words can build up or tear down.

As a mother of small children it can be so easy to say things that sharp or abrupt.

A soft answer turns away wrath,
but a harsh word stirs up anger.
A gentle tongue is a tree of life,
but perverseness in it breaks the spirit.
Proverbs 15: 1 & 4
 Are we teaching our children to be kind to each other and use kind words when talking to each other? 
Do we as mothers practice kindness to our children in the words and the tone of voice we use when we talk to them and even when we correct them?

Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be acceptable in your sight,
O LORD, my rock and my redeemer.

Psalm 19:14

Lord, help me to use soft words to my children today.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...