Friday, March 20, 2009

Meat Pie or Pot Pie and Banana Cake

Meat Pies as we call them (some call them pot pies) are a great way to use up leftovers from Sunday Dinner. No special trick as long as your pie crust is good. I had a hard time with mine. I do not think I am a pie crust maker. Just put in your meat, potato chunks, and sliced carrots (all precooked), top with a little gravy and bake for about l hour.

Banana Cake (this is so moist) You can put any icing you would like on this cake but it is so good like it is we do not add any icing to it. This is probably our favorite cake. Recipe complements of Aunt Lois (one of my favorite cooks)


1/2 Cup of Marg. or Butter (I only use butter)
2 eggs
1 1/2 Cup Sugar (I use natural Sugar)
1 Cup Sour Cream
1 tsp Vanilla
2 C flour (I use unbleached unenriched) (have also tryed 1/ wheat 1/2 white)
1/4 tsp Baking Soda
3 ripe Banana's (original recipe calles for 2 I always use 3)
Preheat oven to 350* In a mixing bowl cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, sour cream, & vanilla. Combine flour, salt and baking soda and gradually add to creamed mixture. Mix in banana's last. Bake in a greased 13x9 inch cake pan for about 30 min oruntil toothpick comes out clean.
Enjoy warm or cold.

If you try this recipe please leave a comment and let me know if you liked it.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...