Saturday, October 9, 2010

Eating Fresh Raw Fruits and Veggies

Somedays I struggle with getting a lot of fresh fruits and veggies into our daily diets.  I will be honest some days they just don't appeal to me.  I am trying to do the right thing by having them available and getting in the habbit of serving them regularly with meals or as snacks.  Sometimes it is so much easier and quicker to just give my children a few crackers when they need a quick snack instead of taking the time to wash, quarter, and core an apple.  I am sure going to try to work harder at this.  I have heard it said that if you eat better foods on a daily basis you get sick a lot less.  I would sure think there was something to ths because this is "real" food not processed food.  I went to the farmers market last evening and got everything in this picture for $11.50 I think that was a great deal compared to the grocery store. 
Just wondering if anyone else has this same struggle?  How do you do it on a daily basis?

1 comment:

Naptime Seamstress said...

We sometimes struggle with this too. We're pretty good about eating fresh fruit as a snack (usually with a hard boiled egg or cheese and some ritz crackers).

My trouble is seeing the fresh veggies and thinking, "Oh, that'd be great for supper." Then getting home and forgetting about them or not being in the mood for them. I waste so much salad that way. I'm in the mood for two days and then not for a long time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...