Sunday, November 28, 2010

The Lords Day - Being Patient

Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly in prayer
Romans 12:12

Do you ever feel like you are losing hope?  Like something you want so badly is never going to come?  Like the light at the end of the tunnel is fading?

I think there are times we all feel this way.  My husband and I have been praying for a certain issue in our lives to change.  We have been hoping and hoping and hoping that some day God will change our current state on a certain issue (sorry I can not release the details at this time).  For some reason God has not yet answered our prayer at lease in the way that we have been praying He would.  That does not mean He has not answered our prayers or that He is not going to.  I believe that God always answers our prayers either Yes, No, or Wait.  For me many times the wait answer is the hardest.

The Bible says that God's ways are not our ways.  I want the Lord to have His way in my Life Everyday.  I want to give Him my best. 
I will still continue to PRAY on this issue.  I will still continue to HOPE that the Lord will grant us our request in HIS timing not ours.  As I was thinking about how this verse and our issue tied together I was reminded of the lighthouse and the snow reminding me of out trials.  I want God to be the lighthouse of my life giving me HOPE in Him and that He knows what's best for me.

2 comments:

Plainlady's Ponderings said...

Great post. Sometimes all I see is tunnel, not even a light a the end. That's when I have to walk, or crawl, by faith.

Naptime Seamstress said...

That's where we are too! Thanks for the encouraging post.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...