Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Embracing the Journey an interview with Mary Ann at A Joyful Chaos


I want to introduce you to Mary Ann from A Joyful Chaos
Here is what she had to say:

I am a born-again homeschooling Mother to 3 children and helpmeet to a wonderful husband. Loving my life, enjoying all the blessings God has showered us with. My focus is on Jesus and what He has done for us. Keeping our eyes on Him helps greatly in not caring what others think about our choices in life. Having been raised in an Amish home, and being shunned by all the people most dear in our life we have found Jesus really is everything you will ever need.


 
 
What is your favorite Scripture and why?

I have so many I’m not sure I can pick only one as my favorite. Isaiah 40:31 has long been a verse I draw comfort from. But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
 
Waiting on the Lord isn’t always easy or something I enjoy doing, but it’s always worth. Getting weary and fainting is far worse than waiting.
 
Psalms 16:11 Thou wilt shew me the path of life; in thy presence is fullness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.
 
Psalms 27:10 When my father and my mother forsake me, then the Lord will take me up.
 
And many, many more.


 
Who or where do you look to for inspiration and encouragement when you feel downcast?

I look to Jesus for inspiration and encouragement. There was a time in my life when Jesus was the only one I had that I could talk to. My friends, my family, and all the people that meant so much to me in my life had turned their backs on my husband and me. In those days when He was all I had I found that He is really all I need. Now instead of talking about my problems and struggles to people I take them to Jesus. He is the only One who can fix them, the only One who really cares, the only One who is always there. Spending time with Him alone in prayer and the reading of His Word does more than anything or anyone else could to inspire and encourage me.


 
How do you find time in your busy lifestyle to spend time with the Lord, and when have you found is the best time that works for you?

I have no set time to spend time with my Lord. I find having several Bibles around the house, in every room really help. When ever I have a moment I can pick one up read and meditate for a few minutes. Praying while I am working. Talking to the children about God while we work and play. And when ever I feel a prompting to pour my heart out I drop everything and find a private spot to talk to God.

 

How do you pursue a deep personal relationship with the Lord? What have you found are essentials in your Christian life?

By Bible reading and prayer, and following Titus 2:4-5.


 
How would you encourage a Sister in the Lord to be encouraged in the Lord, and to pursue a more intimate relationship with Him?

I would encourage her to follow Titus 2:4-5 That is the Lord’s recipe for happy, encouraged women. Until we find joy in serving the Lord by doing what He has told us to do, no amount of other things will bring the same level of intimacy in a relationship with Him, including church activities and other “good” things.


 
Did you have a mother or a Titus 2 woman in your life as you were growing up or have someone that you looked up to and wanted to model your life after?

My mother was a Titus 2 woman as well as most of the other women in the church where I was raised. I always hoped to become just like my mother.

 

What would you say were some of the most valuable things you learned as a child that still have an impact on your life today?

Something that I will always be grateful for is that I was raised in a home that everyone put the needs of others before their own. To not hold grudges, but to extend forgiveness freely even if the other party has not apologized or might not even realize they hurt your feelings.



What do you think are some of the most important things that you can pass on to your daughter or have passed on to your daughter (if you have one)?

I am trying to teach our daughters the joys of keeping a home, of serving others. To be modest, friendly, and keeping the joy of the Lord in their heart no matter the circumstances.

 

What specific things as well as character qualities would you encourage other women, either older or younger, to teach and pass on to other woman and girls that are lacking in this day?

Titus 2:4-5 pretty much sums it up.


 
Can you share any resources books, movies, websites etc. That have been a help and encouragement to you in striving to be the Woman God created you to be as you live for His Glory?

First and foremost, the Bible, I would also recommend Created to be a Help Meet by Debi Pearl.

 

If you would like to know more about Mary Ann you can find her at  www.ajoyfulchaos.blogspot.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing this Mary Ann!

Always Learning said...

I just wrote a whole post on "Created to be His Helpmeet." It dramatically changed my marriage!!! I love the Pearls.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...