Tuesday, April 19, 2011

SERENITY in My Lord


Dictionary.com describes Serenity as the state or quality of being serene, calm, or tranquil;

Where do you find your Serenity?
Some people look to Yoga or Meditation or some other thing for serene.

I have found that in the evenings when the house is quiet and the children are in bed sleeping I love to get alone with God.  I have found that quieting my heart before the Lord lighting a candle, sometimes sipping a warm cup of tea, playing some beautiful music and just sharing my heart with my Lord is so serene, calming.

Jesus is the perfect example of Serenity.
 
Even during His trial and persecution he was so calm and serene.
As Jesus stood before his Accusers He was always so perfectly calm.  He is falsely accused, persecuted and reviled but he is still so serene.
[We learn] that we can turn our trouble into treasure and our sorrow into song. Faith can sing her song in the darkest hour. Sorrow and singing are not incompatible.
Oswald Sanders, The Incomparable Christ 
This is such a challenge to me.Am I whining or am I singing in the Shadow of the Cross?
I long for this kind of peace and serenity. 
When life gets out of hand I desire to still, be peaceful be serene in Him.
His will is better than my will, He knows whats best for me.
When circumstances threaten to drag me down I want to find my peace in my Lord.

 Linked with:
Far Above Rubies - Domestically Divine Homemaking
Time Warp Wife - Titus 2sday
Raising Homemakers
Works for me
Women Living Well
Wise Woman Builds Her Home
I Joyfully Recommend:


“And when they had sung a hymn, they went out to the Mount of Olives.”
Matthew 26:30

The Savior sang under the very shadow of the cross. What serenity and inward triumph is reflected in this revealing sentence! Anyone can sing in the sunshine, but to sing in the shadows is a rare accomplishment.
Oswald Sanders, The Incomparable Christ

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the serenity in the evenings after my little man goes to sleep. My mother likes to talk then, but not for long. Then it is just me and the Lord.

Thank you for joining us a No Ordinary Blog Hop. I look forward to reading more of your posts, I am a new follower too. Have a blessed weekend. He is risen!

♥ my diary♥ said...

nice post thanks for sharing...loves soraya

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...