Monday, April 18, 2011

Decorated Easter Basket + Coloring Easter Eggs

I decorated this cute little basket with a pink Lace Rose I made.
We filled the basket with some pink and green dyed eggs.
Egg Dying Tutorial:
Supplies:
Hard boiled Eggs (Cooled)
1 Coffee Mug for each color you want to do
1/2 cup of water in each mug
Food coloring 10 to 20 drops of each color
1 Tbsp of Vinegar
Put Food Coloring and vinegar into water
Newspaper (on table in case of spills)
(I am so glad I put this down first or my table would probably be green)
Spoons
Paper Towels (For laying eggs on to dry)


Put your egg in a pan covered with water.
I use lukewarm tap water.
You don't want hot water it may crack your eggs.


 When your water starts to
 boil cook eggs for 10 min.
Cool eggs.


Carefully put the eggs in the dye with a tablespoon.


Every once in a while check the eggs by seeing how dark they are.
While we were doing this together we had a little talk time how the egg represents life and that through Jesus we can have new life.
The Bible tells us to train our children while they are young.


The longer you leave the egg in the dye the darker it will get.


After you remove the egg from the dye, dry it off with a paper towel and then lay it on a paper towel to dry.


After eggs are completely dry place them in a cute decorated basket.
This makes a festive centerpiece for your table.


I Joyfully Reccomend

8 comments:

Tiggeriffic said...

I love decorating eggs.. When I was a little girl we would use the outer layer of a yellow onion. The skin. My mom would have a small square of a white sheet and she would wrap the egg in the skin of the onion and then wrap the cloth around the egg with the onion skin and tie it together with a string. Then she would boil the egg.. When it was finished the egg was a golden brown... IT was so beautiful~!
Have a Tiggeriffic Day~! ta ta for now from Iowa:)

EVERYTHING ANASTACIA said...

What a lovely blog you have! Your kids are beautiful. Thanks for sharing your joyful living!

Danielle said...

Your kiddos are so cute decorating their eggs - I love the looks on their faces! What a fun family tradition. My kids are just barely old enough to color eggs, so it's fun to see what other families are doing, that we might do down the road. Thanks for inspiring me. :) I found you through the Domestically Divine Link Up, by the way.
http://mindofthemother.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Good, old fashion egg decorating. I love it. Sadly I haven't done it this way in year. Thank you for reminding me of the the simple homemade things!!

Thank you so much for linking up to Strictly Homemade Tuesday. I hope to see you back next week!!

Far Above Rubies said...

So much fun!

Blessings,

Jasmine

Let'sMakeADifference said...

Beautiful! I'm blog hopping and found yours. I'm a new follower. Would love for you to check out my blog and follow back!

Kindra-At Home With K said...

Decorating eggs is always a favorite memory of mine as a child and now I enjoy it with my kids.

Thanks so much for linking up to Terrific Under Ten!

SJ @ Homemaker On A Dime said...

Hi, friend! I'm your newest follower :) You've got so much creativity going on in your blog so can
you please share them with us at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop?

This is a combination of linky party (where we can show off our
creations) and of blog hop (where we can follow as many excellent
bloggers as we like), hence the name Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop.
It's a great way to meet awesome creative bloggers like you and
increase your followers in the process.

All you have to do is 1) link up whatever creative post you'd like to
share - can be a DIY project, decor, photography, crafts, recipes,
poem, thrift finds, tips, or that informative syndicated post that can
make us laugh, or cry - in short, whatever you're proud of! 2) Then
follow as many blogs as your heart desires, preferably starting first
with the one before you and after you, and leave a comment to them
that you're doing so.

You’re not required to include the party button but if you’re so inclined
to display it in your blog or your post, you’re very much welcome to
do so :)

See you at http://www.homemakeronadime.com/2011/04/creative-bloggers-party-hop-042411.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...