Friday, May 27, 2011

Berry Smoothie


I am sorry I have not been posting much lately this week has been an extremely busy one for our family.
We have also been having a lot of storms in our area.

Since Berry season is on its way in I thought I would share this seasonal smoothie recipe with you.
I love smoothies they make a great snack or even a meal.
They are very healthy and nutritious.

Berry Smoothie Recipe:
 2/3 Cup Pineapple Juice
1 cup raspberries
12 strawberries
1/4 cup cranberries (op)
4 ice cubes
You can make it as above stated
or add:
Kefir or yogurt to taste
if you like a sweeter smoothie add:
A squirt of agave nectar of a spoon of honey.
Blend all in blender or I like the bullet for smoothies.
Enjoy

Just for the nutrition part:
Raspberries are good for Enhancing immunity, rich in potassium and niacin, contains iron and some vitamin c.
Strawberries are good for Antioxidants, antiviral, anticancer, effective against kidney stones, gout, arthritis, vitamin A, Vitamin C, and potassium.
Cranberries are good for treating urinary and bladder infections,  Vitamin A, Vitamin C, iodine and calcium.  Cranberries can also prevent Kidney stones and deodorize urine.

Note:  Not meant to treat or prevent.  This is just some info I have researched and looked into this is what I  came up with.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds delicious. I love that God put so many healthy benefits into berries.

Thank you for sharing! Have a blessed week!

Gail said...

I love love smoothies (I'm in a POM, pineapple, splash of skim milk,and frozen berry mood recently), but I'm going to try your recipe you are so kind to share.

Teresa said...

That certainly does sound yummy. I hope you are staying safe with all the storms.

Unknown said...

We love fruit smoothies in our house too! i will try this recipe! Thanks for sharing it on the farmgirl Friday blog hop!
Deb

Savories of life said...

I have the recipes for Kefier ( sp?) and yogurt on my blog. I will try your recipe and you mine. I wiuld follow your blog if my follower button worked.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...