Sunday, April 17, 2011

He Died for ME


Sometimes it concerns me that people think that God is just about love.
Don't get me wrong here. God does love us all very much.
However God also does have a wrath side.
God hates sin!!!
The Penalty for our sins is separation from God.
Jesus took the penalty for our sin upon Himself when he died on the cross.
WOW that is such an amazing reality that He would die for me.
Me the one who deserves death, condemnation, the wrath of God.
Jesus took the Wrath of God in my place, He suffered and died on the cross in my place.
For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.
2 Corinthians 5:21
We can not get to Heaven by the things we do, on our own we will never be good enough for God.
We can ONLY get to Heaven through the forgiveness of our Sins. Forgiveness can only come through the
death and Resurrection of Jesus Christ.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him
John 3: 16&17
It is not just a little prayer that we pray one time and we are assured a place in Heaven it is a life transformation. Believing that Jesus is Christ and Lord Being Born again through the Blood of Christ.
We are made new in Him.
Perfectly No but Increasingly Yes.
 I Joyfully Recommend:

    

9 comments:

Unknown said...

http://christy1986p.blogspot.com/ hey you have a new follower make sure you follow back =)

Tiggeriffic said...

I have a hard time with people who think I'm so foolish to follow God and have such a strong faith in him. This time of year is a time to reflex on what Jesus did for us by dying on the cross for our sins.. Without God I would have a hard time with my daily life,
Thanks for your post today.
Have a Tiggeriffic day~ ta ta for now from Iowa:)

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

I think of God almost like a parent. A parent who loves me enough to sometimes punish me when I do wrong and won't listen to His corrections. Someone once told me that her God was God of love and would never punish her. I answered that if she believed He was a God of love, then she would believe that He will punish you. What about Jonah? Look what happened to Him! Great post by the by.

Joy said...

Dear Angie,

Thank you so much for your kind comment at my blog!

You have a lovely blog here, and it looks like so many creative ideas.

I hope you have a blessed week!

Joy

not accidentally tuesday said...

Loved reading your post. Our blog is about those moments in life that God steps in. Hope you will come by and visit. Debbie

Kara Plank said...

Love that you used that line "Perfectly no, increasingly yes." Andy & I have been using that one a lot lately! :)

Angie @ www.ourjoyfulliving.com said...

Kara I love that saying it fits my life.

Far Above Rubies said...

So true. God does hate sin, but thankfully we serve a God whose mercies are renewed every morning and His forgiveness showered on those who believe on His Son, Jesus Christ.

Happy Resurrection week.

Be blessed,

Jasmine

Sweet Apron said...

AMEN!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...